Saturday, September 17, 2011

Different by Change

True insanity...doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results! Expecting, that's the sad and confusing word or should be. The enemy loves this level, wallows in the inertia, is pacified in the dormant and mundane held within this expectancy.

We allow the enemy to keep us there all the while whispering to us "there's nothing else to do, you've done all you can, it's up to God to change things now, to bless you, etc." I have spent years there and anything I did do was short lived because I felt it was simply something I was doing to pass the time until the "real" something happened from God. Nothing I put any time or thought in because I wanted to be able to drop it at a moments notice so as to be ready when God called, sent me my beautiful life, my perfect husband, my cozy home. It's as if there's this whole life happening somewhere and God simply forgot to insert me and when He remembers, all will be well.

Webster's....Change: to make or become different.
Different: having dissimilarities, unlike, separate, distinct, unusual.

We are called to be ever changing, not stuck in the cement of passivity.

Passivity: not active but acted upon, unresisting.

Wow, that sounds like the enemy's play ground. We convince ourselves that we are waiting, being patient for God and His way to kick in, His plan and being polite by not having anything going on to interupt or perhaps in fear we won't hear Him or see His plan open up if we are active in anything but politely waiting. I can promise that is not His intent for when our hearts are His and He has a change of plan for us, we will know!

1 Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed- in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet
will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Object...Different,
Goal....Change,
Plan...Change to Different

No comments: